Biotechnology : a multi-volume comprehensive treatise
- Biotechnology : a multi-volume comprehensive treatise
- Rehm, Hans-Jürgen; Reed, Gerald; Pühler, Alfred; Stadler, P.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/wiley031/91016462.html Publisher description
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/wiley022/91016462.html Table of contents
- Weinheim : VCH, 1991-2001
- V. <1-5 pt. A-B, 7-8 pt. B, 10, lla-c, 13 > : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Vol. 7 imprint: Weinheim : VCH.
Vol. 5 imprint: Wiley-VCH.
- Everybody involved in biotechnology will appreciate having this volume at their fingertips. It contains the biological background material which is indispensable for the development of biotechnological processes and offers a unique collection of current information on the basic biology (ecology, taxonomy, biochemistry, physiology, and genetics) of industrially important organisms.The first part of the book presents the biological aspects of cell structure, organization, and metabolism to obtain a better understanding of the general function of cells. The second part deals with a large assemblage of insustrially important organisms. All of this information will be a useful basis for those who suddenly find themselves working on a new biotechnological project.Topics included are: Cell Structure/ Metabolism/ Growth of Microorganisms/ Metabolic Design/ Immobilized Organisms/ Methylotrophs/ Pseudomonads/ Yeasts/ Filamentous Fungi/ Bacteriophages/ Cell Cultures, V. 1. Biological fundamentals / edited by H. Sahm -- v. 2. Genetic fundamentals and genetic engineering / edited by A. Pühler -- v. 3. Bioprocessing / edited by G. Stephanopoulos -- v. 4. Measuring, modelling, and control / edited by K. Schügerl -- v. 5a. Recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, and therapeutic genes / edited by A. Mountain, U. Ney, and D. Schomburg --v. 5b. Genomics and bioinformatics / edited by C.W. Sensen -- v. 7. Products of secondary metabolism / edited by H. Kleinkauf and H. von Döhren -- v. 8a. Biotransformation I / edited by D.R. Kelly -- v. 8b. Biotransformation II / vol. editor, D.R. Kelly -- v. 10. Special processes / edited by H.-J. Rehm -- v. 11a. Environmental processes I : wastewater treatment / edited by J. Winter -- llb. Environmental processes II : soil decontamination / edited by J. Klein -- 11c. Environmental processes III : solid waste and waste gas treatment, preparation of drinking water / edited by J. Klein and J. Winter -- v. . Cumulative index/ edited by H.-J. Rehm and G. reed in cooperation with A. Pühler and P. Stadler.