Grounding and shielding techniques
- Grounding and shielding techniques
- New York (N.Y.) : Wiley, 1998
- XII, 201 p. : ill.
- GKG.LWB.621.391.82 MORR 98 (Graaf Karel de Goedelaan Kortrijk)
- Electric currents Grounding
Electronic instruments Protection
- A step-by-step guide to solving noise and interference problems in the digital age The rapid growth of digital technology over the past decade has brought the analog world into direct contact with high-speed operations and electromagnetic processes--and created a host of new problems for designers. This new twist requires different approaches to issues of noise and interference in digital processing, high-speed communication, mass data storage, and high-frequency applications. Grounding and Shielding Techniques, Fourth Edition is entirely rewritten to reflect these new challenges. This highly effective tool for the management of interference problems in electronic equipment treats the fundamentals of electrostatics as they relate to electromagnetic phenomena. Specifically, this volume deals with the new interference problems created when analog designs are buried in the middle of hardware that must meet radiation and susceptibility standards. It features: * Effective techniques for handling noise problems in a variety of circumstances * Step-by-step instructions for building noise-free instrument systems * Strategies for reducing or eliminating noise in interconnecting systems * Expanded discussion of multishielded transformers * An overview of current trends to limit the use of transformers * Real-world examples of factors influencing electronic noise * Simplified, practical explanations of the physics of fields * Dozens of illustrations and a clear, readable text.