Organic synthesis workbook
- Organic synthesis workbook
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0621/2004546000-d.html Publisher description
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0621/2004546000-t.html Table of contents only
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, 2000
- XII, 274 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- GKG.LWB.547.057 GEWE 00 (Graaf Karel de Goedelaan Kortrijk)
- Organic compounds Synthesis Problems, exercises, etc
Organic compounds Synthesis Problems, exercises, etc
- The Organic Synthesis Workbook is an ideal compilation of state-of-theart modern syntheses which wonderfully showcases the latest advances insynthetic chemistry in combination with fundamentals in aquestion-and-answer format. The structure of the book is such that thereader can appreciate the intricacies of strategic planning, reagenttailoring, and structural analysis within the context of the individualsynthetic targets. In providing highlights of synthesis from a widerrange of natural products classes (alkaloids, terpenes, macrolides) thereader is given a tour through a broad range of reaction chemistry andconcepts. Moreover, because in its scope the authors have ignoredinternational borders, the book effectively parlays the global aspect ofcurrent research in the exciting field of organic synthesis...The Organic Synthesis Workbook promises to be to the current generationof graduate students, and even "students-for-life", what Ireland's andAlonso's books were to those of us who were graduate students in the 80's[Alsono: The Art of Problem Solving in Organic Chemistry, Ireland:Organic Synthesis]. The authors have wonderfully captured the thrill, theenjoyment, and the intellectual rigor that is so characteristic of modernsynthetic organic chemistry."