Electrochemistry for chemists
- Electrochemistry for chemists
- New York (N.Y.) : Wiley, 1995
- XV, 505 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rev. ed. of: Experimental electrochemistry for chemists. 1974.
- GKG.LWB.544.6.076 SAWY 95 (Graaf Karel de Goedelaan Kortrijk)
- A complete and practical guide to the basic principles of electrochemistry for the nonspecialistEmphasizing practical applications and real-world experimentation, Electrochemistry for Chemists gives chemists, biologists, and material scientists a solid understanding of the basic principles and modern methodology of electrochemistry. Incorporating the many new applications of recent years, this thoroughly updated Second Edition gives the nonelectrochemist access to a powerful tool for the study and measurement of chemical systems. And, like the popular first edition, the Second Edition is also a useful text for senior undergraduate and graduate students, especially in organic, inorganic, and biological chemistry.* Offers a practical guide to the use of electrochemical methods in research and laboratory work* Provides examples of molecular characterization by electrochemical methods in all subdivisions of chemistry, including dioxygen species, base metals, and nonmetals* Includes numerous tables of electrochemical data, as well as physical parameters for solvents, electrolytes, cells, and electrodes* Incorporates the latest information on instrumentation, solvents, and reagents* Lists extensive references for further study of theoretical issues