A history of mathematics : an introduction
- A history of mathematics : an introduction
- Katz, Victor J.
- http://www.pearsoned.co.uk/bookshop/detail.asp?WT.oss=9780321387004&WT.oss_r=1&item=100000000223830 (Howest) Inhoudsopgave
- Boston : Addison-Wesley, c2009
- Xvi, 976 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- A History of Mathematics, Third Edition, provides students with a solid background in the history of mathematics and focuses on the most important topics for today’s elementary, high school, and college curricula. Students will gain a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts in their historical context, and future teachers will find this book a valuable resource in developing lesson plans based on the history of each topic. This book is ideal for a junior or senior level course in the history of mathematics for mathematics majors intending to become teachers.