Physical activity assessments for health-related research
- Physical activity assessments for health-related research
- Welk, Gregory J.
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, 2002
- X, 269 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Evaluatietechnieken Gezondheidszorg
Exercise Health aspects Research Methodology
Outcome Assessment (Health Care) Methods
- Introduction to physical activity research / Gregory J. Welk -- Methods for assessing physical activity and challenges for research / Darren Dale, Gregory J. Welk, and Charles E. Matthews -- Measurement issues for the assessment of physical assessment of physical activity / James R. Morrow Jr. -- Construct validity in physical activity research / Matthew T. Mahar and David A. Rowe -- Physical activity data : odd distributions yield strange answers / Jerry R. Thomas and Katherine T. Thomas -- Equating and linking of physical activity questionnaires / Weimo Zhu -- Sample size and power considerations in physical activity research / Diane J. Catellier and Keith E. Muller -- Use of self-report instrumrnts to assess physical activity / Charles E. Matthews -- Use of accelerometry-based activity monitors to assess physical activity / Gregory J. Welk -- Use of heart rate monitors to assess physical activity / Kathleen F. Janz -- Use of pedometers to assess physical activity / David R. Bassett Jr. and Scott J. Strath -- Use of direct observation to assess physical activity / Thomas L. McKenzie -- Use of doubly labeled water and indirect calorimetry to assess physical activity / Raymond D. Starling -- Applying multiple methods to improve th accuracy of activity assessments / Margarita S. Treuth -- Physical activity assessment issues in population-based interventions : a stage approach / Claudio R. Nigg -- Environmental and policy measurement in physical activity research / Adrian Bauman, James F. Sallis, and Neville Owen.