Developing composition skills : academic writing and grammar
- Developing composition skills : academic writing and grammar
- Ruetten, Mary K.; Pavlik, Cheryl
- Boston : Heinle Cengage Learning, 2012
- XV, 254 p.: ill.
- English language Composition and exercises
English language Grammar
- The new edition of this best-selling series combines comprehensive development and practice in the rhetorical modes while integrating instruction in reading, grammar, critical thinking, and vocabulary development. -Developing Composition Skills focuses students on narrating, describing, analyzing, comparing and contrasting, classifying, and evaluating at the paragraph level and offers a complete introduction that bridges the gap between the paragraph and the essay level. -Refining Composition Skills develops essay writing skills needed for success at the college level by thoroughly reviewing and presenting the following rhetorical modes: compare and contrast, example, classification, process analysis, cause and effect, and argument.